Couple spend day catching fish, then man hooks future bride


A cooler proposal you will not find. Looking around at his surroundings, Andrew Stimson proclaimed his love for girlfriend Alicia Redding on Valentine's Day while making a fishing video. It doesn't get prettier out here than this, unless you're talking about my girlfriend Alicia," Stimson said, looking around the lake he's keeping it secret so no one knows his favorite spot. So, I'm going to ask you to marry me. Oh my gosh। Are you serious? Redding said. Oh my gosh। She knelt with him and they embraced in a kiss, a 32-inch pike landed by Stimson minutes earlier lay on the ice in front of them. Stimson posted the video on Ice Fishing Michigan, a Facebook group popular with।

Looking around at his surroundings, Andrew Stimson proclaimed his love for girlfriend Alicia Redding on Valentine's Day while making a fishing video.

It doesn't get prettier out here than this, unless you're talking about my girlfriend Alicia, Stimson said, looking around the lake he's keeping it secret so no one knows his favorite spot.

So, I'm going to ask you to marry me.

Oh my gosh! Are you serious? Redding said. Oh my gosh।

She knelt with him and they embraced in a kiss, a 32-inch pike landed by Stimson minutes earlier lay on the ice in front of them.

Stimson posted the video on Ice Fishing Michigan, a Facebook group popular with solid water anglers, which totals over 8,000 members.

I was really shocked, Redding said. I didn't think it was going to happen for a while. We were making the video and before I knew it he was down on one knee proposing. It was a really exciting moment.

Stimson said he had been looking for the right time to pop the question but when she made a Valentine's Day request, he knew it was right.


About a month ago she said she wanted to go ice fishing on Valentine's Day, Stimson said. She said, Then we'll cook our own fish for dinner so then I knew I was going to ask her that day.

Fate played a role as well as Redding was overjoyed with the big pike catch.

I'm always happy when he's able to catch a big fish, Redding said. I love it. I love going out and doing things with him like fishing. We have plans to go turkey hunting together in the spring, I'm looking forward to that. Riding the Harley with him, that's something I look forward to the most in the summer.

After the proposal Redding started feeling the physical effects of a life-changing moment.

When he asked me I started hyperventilating, Redding said. These were all good emotions that were happening. You can hear in the video him telling me to calm down.

He got me in the shanty, and that's when the waterworks started because I really realized what was happening. I said, Oh my gosh, you just asked me to marry you। It was amazing.

It's a moment she said she'd never forget.

It's definitely going to be memorable whenever we go fishing or ice fishing, Redding said. It's always going to be in the back of my head, 'Hey, he asked me to marry him when we were fishing.'"


Andrew Stimson and Alicia Redding got engaged while ice fishing on Valentine's Day Sunday, Feb. 14, 2016.


Ice fishing proposal Andrew Stimson proposed to his girlfriend Alicia Redding while ice fishing on Valentine's Day Sunday.