Taylor Swift Brushing Up on Her Etiquette Ahead of Royal Gig in England By nevel


Taylor Swift is used to the pressure of performing for millions. But putting on a show for just relatively few can be even more nerve-wracking – especially when the group includes a future king.

"I'm really excited," the singer, 23, told the BBC before Wednesday's CMAs about her Nov. 26 charity gig at the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. "I'm really stoked. This is the first thing I've performed at for any kind of royal engagement – very, very honored."

But also very, very nervous, at least when it comes to the proper etiquette – her "her royal P's and Q's," as BBC Radio 2's Patrick Kielty put it.

"I've been asking about that," Swift said. "I think I'm really safe if I just shake hands and be polite."

Asked how she'll address Prince William, Swift replied diplomatically, "That's being presumptuous in that [it's assuming I'll meet him. First, I'll just be polite enough to not assume I'm going to get to meet them."

Jon Bon Jovi and James Blunt are also scheduled to perform during the Winter Whites Gala, which benefits homelessness charity Centrepoint.