Holly Willoughby: 'It's all about the red lips and dress' This Morning star shares her festive beauty secrets with FEMAIL


Holly Willoughby: 'It's all about the red lips and dress' This Morning star shares her festive beauty secrets with FEMAIL
We are more accustomed to seeing her dressed to the nines in figure-hugging dresses each morning but national treasure Holly Willoughby proves she can pull off the casual look with aplomb too.

Holly, 32, looks stunning as she poses in an array of cosy Christmas knits in her new Oral-B campaign.

Speaking about festive style, Holly said: 'Although I love to feel fabulous and look beautiful during this season, being comfortable is key.

Happy Holly-days! Holly Willoughby poses in some cosy knits for her new Oral-B Christmas campaign and says she opts for comfort over sparkly dresses in December
'Christmas parties for me are less about a sparkly dress and heels and more about the most ridiculous Christmas jumper I can find.

'I want to be comfortable so I can eat canapés and drink mulled wine - I don’t want to be in sequins, I want to be comfy in knitwear.
'Saying this, when it comes to Christmas Day, I like to wear red. I think you have to have one staple red dress in your wardrobe that you can put on and feel festive and fabulous.

'I have a pretty dress that I only wear on Christmas, and I always wear something with an elasticated waistband!'

Holly will be spending Christmas at her mother’s house, so she can sit, relax, and just eat, drink and be merry.

She is, however, hosting a Boxing Day party at her house, so has shared her tips for a stress-free Christmas, and also reveals how she manages to do it all and still look gorgeous during the holidays.
'The three main important beauty aspects for me during the festive party season are my lips, lashes and teeth.

'I smile a lot, especially at Christmas, so I like to have a nice natural white smile which is why I use Oral-B 3D White Luxe – it really looks after my teeth and helps keep them looking shiny, healthy and removes stains.

'I also think a red lip at Christmas is really nice - I love MAC RED.

'Combine this with tonnes of Max Factor Clump Defy mascara and a slight shimmer - a wash of bronze across the eye can look lovely.'

Holly, who remains unflappable at all times on This Morning (even when dealing with the likes of Katie Hopkins), has shared her advice on staying calm over the Christmas period.

She said: 'You can take the stress out of Christmas by trying to be as organised as you possibly can.

'I try and get all my shopping done before December so all the presents are wrapped in my lounge and ready so I can really relax and enjoy Christmas.

'If I see things throughout the year that I think someone will like then I buy them then and there.

'Around October/November, I really start cranking it up with shopping; otherwise Christmas turns into a panic!
This is originally Philip Schofield’s top tip, but…my top tip is to hire in all of the plates, glasses, pots and pans.

'The moment something is used, it gets put in a box in the garden which then gets collected after Christmas. Isn’t it a brilliant idea? Particularly if you’ve got a big family!'.Holly has been busy in the run up to Christmas and last week unveiled her new bedding range for BHS. By Nevel