Jennifer Lawrence Called Fat, Told to Diet When She Was Younger: "I Was Hurt" By nevel

If anyone ever tells Jennifer Lawrence to go on a diet again, she'll tell them exactly what THEY can do. In the November issue of Harper's Bazaar U.K., the 23-year-old Hunger Games actress recalls being criticized for her weight when she was younger -- and why she'll never let it happen again.

"I was young. It was just the kind of s--t that actresses have to go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn't lose a certain amount of weight," Lawrence shares (via Just Jared). "They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet."

The Silver Lining's Playbook Oscar-winning actress tells the magazine that the nasty remarks still hurt her feelings to this day.

"Someone brought it up recently. They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn't still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I'm above it all. 'You really still care about that?' Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt," Lawrence says. "It doesn't matter what accolades you get. I know it'll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word 'diet', I'm like, 'You can go f--k yourself.'"

But now that Lawrence is an Academy Award-winning actress, critics have found a brand new subject to nit-pick at: her acceptance speeches.

"The other person said Other people are getting up and owning the stage and you sound like a stuttering idiot. Pull it together,'" Lawrence recalls of being told of her 2013 Oscar acceptance speech. "And I said, 'I'm not doing it on purpose, I'm uncomfortable and when people get uncomfortable they resort to their s--t. I make awkward jokes and stutter."

The young star tripped up the steps on her way to the stage and had a "brain fart" when she forgot to thank director David O. Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein in her speech.

"That was actually a moment when I really wanted it to be special," Lawrence tells the magazine. "That was not the time I wanted to be the Down-home Girl. I wanted to be graceful."